On this episode of Buzzing about Romance Becky is joined by Jenni and Carolina they talk about bookstore experiences and expectations along with thrifting books.
Romance Term of the Week- Pining Hero- when the guy likes the girl and is pining after her, but the girl is either clueless or for some reason she can’t or won’t readily return the feelings.
- Feelings when you go to a book store.
- The smell? Dopamine release when you are in the book store- or get book mail.
- The side scroll- when in the book store
- Buying books the same feel online vs in store
Indie Bookshops- An independent bookstore is a retail bookstore which is independently owned. Usually, independent stores consist of only a single actual store.
- 2506 total in the US
- Bookshop.org- 2020 Bookshop.org, an online bookstore dedicated to financially supporting independent bookstores, launched due to the pandemic. The independent bookstores received 30% of sales made through the site
What we see when we walk into a book shop
- Tiktok Tables
- Trending Books
- Prioritize visibility and accessibility
- seating areas
- Safe space for Romance Readers – Not all Bookstores are pro romance- Selection –
Chain Retail Outlets
- Barnes and Nobles
- Online Shopping
- ½ Price Books
- Thrift Books.com
- Free Little Libraries
- Garage Sales
Library Sales –
We asked our community other than book what are some things you would like to see in a bookstore
- Place to sit and read/gather
- Drinks- cocktails
Book of the Week
Welcome to new patreon members – Amber and Darci
Celebrating 1 year as a Hive Member – Amanda, Terri , and Kimberly
Thank you for supporting us and helping us to bring you all the amazing Podcast Goodness. We currently have 4 open Tiers on Patreon. Those start at $5 a month and include membership to drunk book club and exclusive content.
So many great upcoming events. Make sure you sign up for our newsletter and check out bookcaseandcoffee.com/Events for all our happenings