On this episode of Buzzing about Romance we are going to focus on some tips and tricks to finding new authors or books to read. Our first reading Challenge of 2022 is all about reading New to You authors.
How do you find new to you authors
- Googling tropes
- Book recs from friends/community
- Social media (Heather- I am in several groups on FB and I have found A LOT of authors this way) (Following hashtags on IG I.e. small town romance books, mafiaromance )
- Free first in series
- Amazon similar authors
- Anthologies (Heather- when I first jumped into romance this was my way of finding what authors, tropes I found most helpful!)
- Author Worlds
- Friends on Goodreads
- Bookbub: email with deals
- Author newsletters (Vanessa Vale has over 15 free books from various authors and 3 audio in her most recent newsletter)
Reading on a Budget
Monthly Newsletter Freebies
Newsletter “book clubs” free book each month- will require you to sign up for the authors newsletter (Heat + Heart, BDSM, billionarie book boyfriend, girls night in, steamy reads, Filthy Rich) ….there are really so many!
Stuff your Kindle Day – this happens two to three times a year.
How to use apps like Kindle Unlimited, Libby, and Hoopla – (These are very US Canada Centric )