On Today’s Quick Shot of Romance We are reviewing Grave by Shantel Tessier it is Book two in the Dark King Series.
Release Date: August 31, 2020
Trope: Instant love, love at first sight, playboy, antihero romance
Trigger Warnings for this: violence , drug use, suicide attemtp, murder
Thoughts on Grave:
- Grave is a man running from so many demons.
- MMA fighting
- Drag Racing
- sex with Lucy
- His fellow Kings can not seem to help him or give him a reason to let his demons go.
- Mommy Issues/Daddy Issues
- April has the care of her teen age brother since the death of her Mother along with trying to keep open her mother’s beloved Flower Shop, Roses
- April’s brother has gotten himself in debit to the wrong people
- The intensity of this story is what I have come to expect from Tessier. She writes a very angsty love story.
Ending (Spoilers): it is never clear from the beginning how they will reach their HEA
Rating: Thumbs up? Thumbs Down? THumbs sideways? Stars? Levels of drinks
Brittni’s Rating: This was a well drink. Not something to read again but worth the read the first time. (3.5 Stars)
Becky’s Rating: This is a Whiskey maybe a cheaper one like Jack or Wild Turkey. (4 Stars)
1 star- Beer (good ole Natty lite)
2 star- What’s on special… give me what you got available
3 star- Well drink
4 star- Whiskey (smooth, get what you need out of it, and be done)
5 star- it’s a champagne night
Where you can Find us.
Instagram: @bookcaseandcoffee and @brittnivan07
Music by Cambo